- Australia - NSW
- Situated in the beautiful Blue Mountains 100 kms west of Sydney, the gardens of Leura are famous for their magnificent displays of azaleas, rhododendrons, dogwoods, camellias and other cool climate exotics, as well as flowering annuals, perennials and bulbs. The 2016 Leura Gardens Festival is shaping up to be one of the best yet, with 13 wonderful gardens on show, three more than last year.
Leura Gardens Festival
Think Spring … Think Leura
The 2016 Leura Gardens Festival will be held from Saturday 1st – Sunday 9th October inclusive. Gardens are open from 9.30 am – 4.30 pm daily. This year’s Festival will feature thirteen gardens, three more gardens than last year, at the same $25 all-garden price, or $5 per individual garden. As well, the three extra gardens are all new and wonderful additions to the festival, and have very different styles.
There are also two gardens returning to the 2016 festival, including Blue Vista, a true visitor favourite with its wonderful views, plus the regular magical favourites whose progress many visitors love to follow from year to year.
An added bonus for locals, particularly, as well as visitors who will be staying in the mountains, is that the $25 all-garden fee will this year include unlimited access to the Music in the Gardens performances on each afternoon. Several new acts will be appearing as well as return performances by two groups which wowed our visitors last year – the Penrith City Band – Sydney West Jazz Orchestra, a particular favourite with Sinatra lovers, and the wonderful harmonies of the Penrith City Harmony Chorus.
And of course, our plant sales area will be better than ever; negotiations are currently underway with specialist native plant nurseries to expand our offerings of these wonderful plants.
We have 13 tantalising gardens to visit, here is the full list:
- Ilion and Waitangi
- Rob Roy
- Kookaburra Cottage
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort
- Dead End House
- Blue Vista
Gardens are open from 9.30 am – 4.30 pm daily.
No testimonials exist at this time.
Combined ticket: $25 pp entitles you to visit ALL Festival gardens. An all gardens ticket is valid for the duration of the Festival.
Tickets may be purchased at:
1. the entry point of each garden
2. at our stand in Leura Mall near the Station
3. at Festival Headquarters located at 19-21 Fitzroy Street, Leura.
Single garden ticket: $5 pp. Children 16 and under are free, except in the case of Everglades, where the National Trust charges an entrance fee.