Let the world know about your garden tour, garden event or garden stay!
It’s easy to add your tour to Garden Travel Hub and access a world-wide audience of people who love gardens and gardening, and who are ready to browse, research and buy products online.
With GardenDrum’s more than 72,200 unique international visitors each month (Google Analytics Mar 2016) and 3,800 subscribers database, you have an instant, targeted, garden-loving audience who will want to know about all about your garden tour, garden event or garden stay.
GardenDrum’s Garden Travel Hub is a world-wide marketplace. A garden-lover in Japan can look for a garden event to add to an Australian trip. Or a South African planning a visit to Europe can check out the full range of available tours that includes the Chelsea Flower Show. Or a group of gardeners might be putting together an itinerary for a short local trip, and come looking for information about open gardens, plant fairs, and accommodation with outstanding gardens in their target area.
Anyone, anywhere, anytime can find your garden tour, garden event or garden stay on Garden Travel Hub.
Most of Garden Travel Hub is designed around three types of listings – Garden Tours, Garden Events and Garden Stays. These listings give you a full page to showcase your tour with detailed itinerary, a sumptuous gallery of images, links to your own website and details of your organisation where you can showcase all of your offers.
Some smaller events which are locally arranged or of short duration might not need a full listing with photo gallery and a lot of detail about the event. For these smaller events a listing in the Garden Travel Hub “What’s On” calendar is available. The calendar is on the “What’s On” page of Garden Travel Hub but it still gets exposure to the whole Garden Travel Hub audience.
Eligibility for entries in Calendar – This type of listing is limited to organizers of events which are free to participants, or events which have a ticket price of less than AU$75 and are expected to attract less than 2,000 participants.
If you know your way around Garden Travel Hub, skip now to the detail…
What’s Garden Travel Hub for, and how does it work?
1. Garden Travel Hub is an information site with paid listings, so we don’t take any commission on any of your sales. All the inquiries and booking for your tour, event or accommodation are directed to your own website. That means you will need to have your own website with a secure shopping cart, or other purchasing arrangements.
2. Garden Travel Hub is a great place for advertising travel associated with gardens, built landscapes, landscaping and gardening. It is not a general tour and travel site, although tours can have other specialities associated with the tour, such as ‘gardens and history’, or ‘gardens and golf’, but they must be primarily about gardens, gardening, built landscapes or landscaping.
3. Companies wanting to upload garden tours pay a small annual membership fee and then an amount per tour. Companies wanting to upload only one short tour or only one event do not pay an annual fee, only per event. Companies wanting to upload a garden stay pay an annual fee relative to the size of the property. (See ‘What it costs’ below)
How to list your garden tour, event or stay on Garden Travel Hub
1. Complete the form Apply to Add Your Garden Tour, Event or Stay (at the bottom of this page) with information about your tour/event/stay company or group. This is so we have your details for billing or contacting you and we can check your company or organization’s credentials.
2. Agree to the Garden Travel Hub Site Terms and Conditions
3. Submit your application to Garden Travel Hub.
4. For entries in the “What’s On” calendar, all the detail you need to submit for your event is right there on the same form.
5. For full listings the application is submitted to Garden Travel Hub first so we can check out your company’s or organization’s credentials. We assess that very quickly, and as soon as your membership is active, you’ll need to have details ready to upload about your tour, event or garden stay, matching that information to the Garden Travel Hub search criteria, and adding in the highlights and details. This can include up to 12 gallery photos (.jpg files) to entice your customers, pricing information, brochures (.pdf files), any testimonials from previous participants or customers, and information about your tour/event or garden stay host (if applicable). Each tour, event or garden stay remains on Garden Travel Hub while your membership is active but can also have an expiry date (chosen by you) at which point it is automatically removed from Garden Travel Hub. You can also notify Garden Travel Hub if one of your tours is fully booked, to change the ‘book now’ button to show that, without taking down the tour.
What it costs to add your LISTING to Garden Travel Hub
GARDEN TOURS (typically escorted tours and cruises, guided visits to a significant garden or short sightseeing trips with a guide)
All tour operators need a membership of GTH. The standard annual fee is AU$300 (Australian customers + GST)
For an operator of any tour lasting less than 4 days OR ticket price less than $75, the membership is waived for the first listing.
Cost per Listing
+ AU$75 (Australian customers + GST) per tour upload – for tours with a ticket price of less than AU$75 AND less than 2,000 visitors
+ AU$150 (Australian customers + GST) per tour or event upload – for all other tours
Extras – for every 3 tours or events you upload to Garden Travel Hub, you can publish one travel blog post about your tour or event destination FREE on both GardenDrum and Garden Travel Hub, which links to your own listing page.
GARDEN EVENTS (typically garden shows, expos, conferences and plant fairs)
You have two ways to access Garden Travel Hubs audience. You can take a full listing with all the same benefits and exposure available to the tour operators, or some operators will be able to take a Calendar listing on the “What’s On” Calendar
All event operators need a membership of GTH. The standard annual fee is AU$300 (Australian customers + GST)
For an operator of any event lasting less than 4 days OR ticket price less than $75, the membership is waived for the first listing.
Cost per Listing
+ AU$75 (Australian customers + GST) per tour or event upload – for events with a ticket price of less than AU$75 AND less than 2,000 visitors
+ AU$150 (Australian customers + GST) per tour or event upload – for all other events
Extras – every full listing also includes an entry on the Garden Travel Hub ‘What’s On’ calendar. And for every 3 tours or events you upload to Garden Travel Hub, you can publish one travel blog post about your tour or event destination FREE on both GardenDrum and Garden Travel Hub, which links to your own listing page.
“WHAT’S ON” Calendar listing
Eligibility for entries in Calendar – This is a calendar-only listing for very small events, like a weekend garden opening, or events that are free, like a free event or exhibition in a botanical garden. It’s restricted to events which have a ticket price of less than AU$75 and are expected to attract less than 2,000 participants, or events that offer free entry to all.
There is no membership fee for the organizers of events listed in the Calendar
+ AU$40 (Australian customers + GST) per listing
GARDEN STAYS – B&Bs, resorts, hotels, motels and self-contained accommodation where there is a significant garden for guests to explore and enjoy.
There is no membership fee for Garden Stays
+ AU$150 per year (Australian customers + GST) for properties with less than 5 rooms
+ AU$200 per year (Australian customers + GST) for properties with 5 or more rooms
When your company is approved you will be invoiced for any applicable Garden Travel Hub membership fee. Tour, event and stays companies are then allocated a Company ID, login details and password. When you have information about your tour, event or stay ready to list, you can login to Garden Travel Hub to upload all the information including photos and brochures. You will then be invoiced for your listing, and it will be published on Garden Travel Hub once payment is received by either internet banking transfer or PayPal.
How to Apply
Complete the form below to apply for your listing in Garden Travel Hub. Everyone who wants to list a tour/event/stay in Garden Travel Hub completes the same form, whether you are representing a company, community group, or charity, or you are a small business/sole trader. For “What’s On” calendar listings you can also add your event here at the same time.
We use the information to do a quick check of your company’s credentials. Then when we approve your application, if you have requested a full listing we will send you a unique ID so you can upload your tour/event/stay.
Please read through the Garden Travel Hub Terms and Conditions as you’ll need to accept those as part of your application.
* Mandatory fields
Don’t forget to click the SUBMIT BUTTON