Searching WHAT’S ON:
– Use either EVENTS IN to choose a month, or SEARCH to use a keyword (or both) – then FIND EVENTS
– Or filter the events in NARROW YOUR RESULTS by selecting an Event Category or a Region (or both) in the filter bar.
– to choose a different Category or Region, RESET the filter first.
– to revise your search, click back to All Events
- This event has passed.
Bush tucker plants at Rouse Hill
13 July 2017 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
One event on 11 July 2017 at 10:30am
One event on 13 July 2017 at 10:30am
Search for bush tucker plants with Aboriginal guides from Muru Mittigar around Rouse Hill House and Farm. Learn about traditional bush foods and make a traditional ‘Johnny cake’. Then sit down to your well-earned tucker! This is a fun and engaging activity for all the family.
Enjoy the following activities during this program:
– Learn how to identify plants and any wildlife we can spot
– Use traditional and contemporary ingredients to make a ‘Johnny cake’
– Bake your cake, make sure there is enough to share
– Enjoy your well-earned bush tucker when the work is done!
Note: This is a rural property with uneven terrain. Please wear enclosed shoes and clothing suitable for walking around a farm property, and bring wet weather gear if appropriate. A hat and sunscreen are recommended, as significant parts of the program are conducted outdoors.