Searching WHAT’S ON:
– Use either EVENTS IN to choose a month, or SEARCH to use a keyword (or both) – then FIND EVENTS
– Or filter the events in NARROW YOUR RESULTS by selecting an Event Category or a Region (or both) in the filter bar.
– to choose a different Category or Region, RESET the filter first.
– to revise your search, click back to All Events
- This event has passed.
Garden Walk Buffalo
29 July 2017 @ 10:00 am - 30 July 2017 @ 4:00 pmFree
A FREE self-guided tour of 370+ urban gardens and historic neighborhoods around Buffalo and Niagara, in western New York State. It is the largest garden tour in the United States and one of the most unique urban events in America. Garden Walk Buffalo is chance to see some of the most beautiful and creative urban gardens – anywhere in the U.S.
The walking tour highlights urban gardening of every variety, including:
– Flower, vegetable, native, herb, xeriscape and organic gardens and every combination in between
– Cottage gardens, water gardens, rock gardens, Asian- and English-inspired gardens and even a trial garden for seed companies
– Community gardens, pocket gardens, planted traffic islands and medians and every other kind of urban landscaping
– Gardens featuring espaliers, grape arbors, follies, raised beds, koi ponds and waterfalls
– Multiple-level decks, pergolas, outdoor kitchens, lighting schemes, fountains, wall murals, sculpture, potting sheds, carriage houses, playgrounds, playhouses, treehouses and even one urban putting green
– Tiny, exquisitely-appointed courtyards to large and ambitious mansion gardens
Buffalo’s great gardening heritage includes our 1868 Frederic Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux-designed parks, parkways and circles. The Buffalo Olmsted Park Conservancy is a nationally-recognized caretaker of this unique and special park system. Most of the parkways and circles, as well as the Buffalo Japanese Garden and Delaware Park Rose Garden are in the area of Garden Walk.