Back To Green: So much of what the eye is constructed to see falls within the wavelength of the colour green. Back to Green 2017 explores the therapeutic benefits of nature and green spaces and how they affect our physical emotional responses to the world around us. Anyone who has felt wellness descend in a therapeutic landscape will find many seeds of explanation at this thought provoking conference.
Early Bird rate before 15 July, 2017 – $270 ($250 for Cultivate members)
Full rate – $350 ($300 for Cultivate members)
Full day of speakers and workshops
Lunchtime garden tours in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens
Wine appreciation tour at the National Wine Centre
Full conference catering
Networking Cocktail Party at the National Wine Centre after the conference (including drinks and canapes)
Be inspired – visit Sophie Thomson’s Garden.
Sophie’s Patch Easter Open Garden: Saturday 15, Sunday 16, Monday 17 April, 2017
• Hear from: experts on how to attract butterflies, birds and native bees to your garden, tips on keeping chooks and bees at home, advice on growing Mediterranean climate fruit trees. See the full program of speakers at Sophie’s Patch
• Kids activities – bugs and craft
• Browse and buy quality plants from a selection of nurseries with unusual ornamentals, herbs, vegies and succulents.
• Home made refreshments: will be available from stalls selling lunch, tea, coffee and drinks as well as cakes made from Sophie’s Patch produce.
• Entry Fee: $10, children under 18 free, stay in the garden as long as you like. Supporting Mt Barker Rotary Club and Operation Flinders. Gates open from 10am to 4.30pm daily. Only 35 minutes drive from central Adelaide.
Tickle Tank is the wonderful and joyous garden of artist Irene Pearce, created around the home she made in a disused water tank. Filled with colourful mosaics, a wide range of plants and lots of quirky art, especially from found and reused materials. Tickle Tank will delight visitors of every age and Irene always makes children especially welcome. It’s a small 450 sqm garden but one filled with surprises. Plants and artworks for sale. Open Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 October 2016, from 10am to 4.30pm both days. 24 Hill Street Mount Barker. $8 adults, $6 conc, children U18 free.
Over three hundred kilometres north of Adelaide in South Australia looms a mountain range with breathtaking natural beauty on a grand scale. As I sit here penning this blog to the sounds of the bird life around me, with glimpses of red rocky outcrops through the trees, I am ashamed to say that like most Australians I had no idea this place existed up until a couple of months ago. Continue reading “Wilpena Pound”