- Australia - Victoria
- Come celebrate the magic and majesty of one of Australia's most iconic flowers - the Kangaroo Paw. Cranbourne Gardens will be filled with the vibrant colours of hundreds of kangaroo paws - from lime yellow through orange, rich red, hot pink, white and even purple on the new Kangaroo Paw, Landscape Lilac. Activities for all the family include guided tours by kangaroo paw expert Angus Stewart, plant sales, floral art, and live music.
Kangaroo Paw Celebration
Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria and the Cranbourne Friends are combining to present a wonderful opportunity for people to participate in a very special occasion in November 2016.
The iconic kangaroo paw and its relatives will be a celebrated in a number of activities. We may be familiar with kangaroo paws in our own and other gardens, but there is a whole lot more to this fascinating plant family.
The Australian Garden at Cranbourne will be enlivened by the planting of over 5000 kangaroo paws. The main plantings will be in the Cultivar Garden and the Northern Exhibition Garden precinct. Planting of gardens and containers of varying proportions will provide a stunning floral display.
Over November 2016, the Gallery at the Australian Garden Visitor Centre will have a Kangaroo Paw and relatives themed exhibition of artworks, crafts and floral art. Cranbourne Friends groups such as Botanical Illustrators, Botanical Basketmakers and Botanical Fabricators will be represented. During the month there will be a ‘Best Kangaroo Paw Pic Instagram Competition’ with winner announced on 27 November 2016.
Kangaroo Paw Picnic
Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 November 2016
Held over the weekend of Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 November 2016 the Kangaroo Paw Picnic will provide a varied program of activities for everyone to enjoy.
Cnr Ballarto Road and Botanic Drive (off South Gippsland Fwy), Cranbourne, 3977.
Open: 9am – 5pm. Entry to Cranbourne Gardens is free.
Please leave your dog (other than assistance dogs) and other pets at home to protect our local wildlife.
Some of the highlights include:
– Guided Tours by Angus Stewart [Bookings are essential: ph (03) 5990 2200]
– Launch of the beautiful Angus Stewart bred Anigozanthos ‘Landscape Violet’ at 11 am on the Saturday.
– Special Growing Friends Plant sale of Kangaroo Paws & Cottonheads
– Floral art demonstrations with Kangaroo Paws & Australian plants.
– Live music by Dan Arnott & The Gardeners Blue Grass Band.
– Everybody will have the opportunity to vote in the ‘Best Kangaroo Paw Competition’.
– There will also be displays by Sponsors and Public Gardens in the Melbourne Region
The Horticultural Media Association Victoria is one of the sponsors of this important ‘Kangaroo Paw Celebration’.
No attachments exist at this time.
No testimonials exist at this time.