- Sri Lanka
- Open your front door to one of the most spectacular views imaginable – majestic mountains, lush green valleys and tea plantations, crystal clear streams and even the occasional deer or giant squirrel. Welcome to Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge. Nestled on a picturesque tea plantation, on the Knuckles Mountain Range 1000 meters above sea level, Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge will treat travellers to magnificent views, top class facilities, friendly and courteous service and plenty of things to see and do.
Mandulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge Sri Lanka
The Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge is located on a picturesque 25 acre tea plantation just 30 km away from Sri Lanka’s hill capital of Kandy and approximately 150 km away from Colombo.
Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge commands a majestic view of the UNESCO World Heritage Knuckles Mountain Range – so called due to its shape similar to the knuckles of a clenched fist. It offers 18 secluded lodges with comfortable amenities, specially designed to make your next holiday in Sri Lanka a truly unforgettable one. All lodges are made of high quality tarpaulin canvas specially imported from South Africa. This is the very same material used by many world renowned safari camps especially in campsites all over Africa. Each lodge at the Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge can hold a maximum of 3 people and feature:
A front porch with ‘out-of-this-world’ views, comfortable beds, full bathroom with walk-in shower and a separate private WC.
Guests staying at the Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge will appreciate the many facilities and services on offer. Some of these facilities include;
- A real colonial style “planter’s” estate house with:
- Reception, welcome area and Information Desk
- A Library with Internet Access and a Business Center
- An English styled estate Lounge Bar with an impressive stock of beverages
- A Grand Dining Room and Restaurant with a cozy fireplace
- A stand alone Infinity Pool offering fabulous views of the Madulkelle Village as well as the majestic Knuckles Mountain range
- Seating Areas placed within the tea estate, ideal for a quiet read, meditation or just to spend some quiet time alone with nature
- An Organic Vegetable and Herb Garden yielding fresh vegetables and herbs all year round helps our Chef to prepare fresh and delicious meals daily
- Drivers’ and guides’ live-in quarters with Onsite Parking
- opportunities for adventure sports with our highly skilled team
- hiking and trekking through lush tea plantations, forests, paddy fields and water falls. See unique birds and wildlife, plus overnight camping available.
We understand and respect your need for healthy meals. Therefore, our hotel has a special garden for fruits, vegetables and herbs. It is grown organically with our staff with the support of two gardeners. We do not use synthesized pesticides and fertilizers, and instead, organic pesticides (Neem extract), and manual methods of pest control and organic fertilizers are been used to produce a healthy harvest.
Around 60% of the vegetables and herbs used in the hotel kitchen are harvested from the garden with the careful supervision of our executive chef. We maintain year- round harvest of carrots, chili varieties, green veggies such as spinach, cabbages, gotukola and many more. The varieties of fruits we have are pineapples, avocados, papaya, guava, wild-strawberries and black-berries, mangos, locuts, and citrus-fruits.
Our Chef adopts food preparation methods in Native medicine called Ayurvedha, as he has family background of it, and he is careful to select the best parts of vegetable and fruits in the best levels of their maturity in order to prepare an excellent dish.
Our garden is also a place for experiments and knowledge dissemination. We have established a demonstration model of a Micro-home garden suitable for estate line-rooms, which was developed collectively by the Extension department of the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya, our staff and the InGaDS Sri-Lanka, our advisor in social responsibility. Already, there are around six micro-home gardens established by the Line house dwellers (in our neighbor community) as a results of the knowledge dissemination trough the demonstration model.
Furthermore, we provide our staff the opportunities in gardening, which in turn become a recreational activity for them after their duties.
Madulkelle Tea & Eco Lodge
No attachments exist at this time.
The nicest hotel we have ever been! Beautiful people carried about us whenever we needed them. We definitely come back again and will recommend this place to everyone coming to sri Lanka. Also the food was amazing! Fruit plate in the morning looked like a painting, dinner was first class! We also want to stay thanks to Harish; the most powerful person we know, he showed us this place and some others too…. A lot of thanks to everybody
Angela & Mario - Switzerland
We loved Madulkelle Tea & Eco Lodge so much that we were contemplating staying a few more nights….alas The staff, scenery, food, and hospitality all 10 star! Thanks very much for everything. Next time the rope course awaits…
Kamalika & Dave – Perth - Australia
Thank you for amazing stay. The estate has wonderful views, lovely hospitality & tasty food. Special thanks to Herath & Kithsiri for their hospitality. We hope to be back again. Thank you…
Shivya - India
November weekend rate: from $180USD per double occupancy per night, including breakfast
August weekend rate: from $196USD per double occupancy per night, including breakfast. Half board $220USD
Suite: August weekend rate: from $338 double occupancy per night, including breakfast. Half board $366USD